This is a very helpful article we found about mobile marketing on http://bostinno.com.
Whether it’s for email, social networking, search or online shopping, people simply can’t get away from their mobile devices. For marketers, this presents both a steep challenge and an incredible opportunity. How do you engage the right audience, with the right message, at the right time when people have so much control over the information they take in?
Implementing a flawless mobile marketing strategy is no simple task, but these 19 facts should help get you thinking about where to start.
- 31% of cell internet users “mostly” access the internet via mobile devices. (Pew)
- 75% of people favor mobile-friendly websites. (SnapHop)
- Mobile internet usage is expected to surpass desktop internet usage by 2014. (Microsoft)
- Mobile is responsible for 50% of local searches. (Microsoft)
- 86% of mobile users are on their devices while watching television. (Yahoo)